Thursday, July 23, 2009

Abbalicious!

<

As mentioned previously, one of my gigs is with Mooncoin Productions in their show called Abba-cadabra which is a musical journey through the music of,... well, Abba. I love the job and the people involved with it but I didn't apply for the gig because I am an Abba fan, in fact, I was not drawn to Abba's music as a child and I didn't have any of their records so I never really listened to the words of the songs.

Having said that however, the melodies were certainly in my head just by virtue of the fact they seemed to be played everywhere all of the time, so preparing for this job was basically a lyrics exercise for me.

Once again, I have to note how funny it is that things arrive into our lives to help us right when we need them, we just need to be open to them. As I listened and learned, I realized how timely and helpful the lyrics were for me and it occurred to me that if I had learned these songs as a kid I would have missed the messages.


The lyrics from 'I have a Dream' in particular were really powerful for me, they even helped me get through some tough stuff by reminding me that failure can be a reason to learn about yourself and move forward.

I know the world is not all sunshine and rainbows people, I know that. Crap happens to me just like it does to you. I don't really think there is magic determining everything around me but I do choose to hope there is something to this energy we all seem to tap into collectively. I can't describe it, and I don't know that we can even conceptualize it fully, I just like to think that it is a nice thing sometimes, to dream the impossible.


I have a dream
a song to sing
to help me cope
with anything
if you see the wonder
of a fairy tale
you can take the future
even if you fail
I believe in angels
something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
and I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream
I have a dream



Rach~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

was a fun video to watch. ABBA was a round when I was in school, never listened to them much but how could you not know about them. I still don't have any ABBA songs, but they have certainly had a retro-resurgence thing going.

No its not all sunshine and rainbows, and there is some comfort in knowing that other people have to deal with crap as well, not that I wish any bad on anybody.

I admire the people who dream the impossible dream, the people who don't give up, the people who can learn from constant failures only to finally succeed beyond their wildest dreams. I wish I was more like that, I tend to be one that doesn't go outside his comfort zone so much. I'm learning although kinda late in life. I joined a co-ed soccer team (oldest guy on the field during first 2 games) Next week I hope to take the ski lift up the mountain and learn how to downhill mountain bike...I'll show you my bruises if I don't break any bones!

heres a quote for you....

If you reach for the stars.....
you put out your back.

Cheers

bernthis said...

who needs Abba when we have you sugar. I loved Abba and you are right, if yuou are open, great things will come into your life that you never even expected.

Jeanne Estridge said...

I love Abba -- but then, I love sugar, too!

Unknown said...

I've never been a fan of Abba either, but I've also never taken the time to really listen or read their lyrics.